An application for permission to use the facilities at the Coptic Youth Center (CYC) must be submitted by all applicants for all uses. Applications may be obtained for use of the facilities at the CYC during the normal hours of operations or online at www.copticyouthcenter.com.
An application to use facilities shall be made in writing on the form provided. All applications will be reviewed by CYC management. Please do not advertise your event or order/print any invitations prior to receiving approval from CYC management. Applicants must make an appointment in advance during regular business hours to schedule setup/tour of the facilities.
In order to rent a facility, an applicant must:
• Complete a Facility Rental Application and Agreement in advance.
• Return the completed application to the CYC along with:
– Valid California Drivers License or California I.D.
– Signed Facility Rules and Regulations Form
– Signed Facility Rental Agreement
These policies are strictly enforced.
Reservations will need to be made at least two weeks in advance. Applications may be submitted for the use of the facilities up to six months in advance. Reservations shall be made on a first-come, first-serve basis. Reservations are not confirmed until a copy of the application is signed and returned with approval, fees and deposits paid, and any additional requirements (insurance, etc.) are completed.
Applicant will be notified of approval/denial by email no later than fourteen working days after submittal of
application. The CYC management reserves the right to deny applications for certain types of events.
REVOKED OR DENIED APPLICATIONS
An application may be revoked/or denied at any time under any of the following circumstances:
• If the application is found to contain false or misleading information.
• Should an individual or group, member or guest, willfully or through gross negligence or improper use, mistreat the equipment or facilities or violate any of the regulations during a prior reservation.
• If approval of application would constitute a monopoly of use by any individual or group.
• If applicant attempts to sublet the leased facility.
Reservations for groups meeting on a recurring basis may be cancelled in favor of programs sponsored or conducted by the CYC or St. Antonius Coptic Orthodox Church at anytime. The CYC management will make every effort to provide ample notice. If an accidental conflict in scheduling reservations occurs or an urgent need arises requiring the use of the facility, every attempt will be made to relocate the applicant.
Upon approval of an application to use the facilities, the full security deposit shall be due within fourteen days or applicant may forfeit use of the facility. A portion of this deposit is non-refundable if the applicant cancels the reservation.
For more details, please refer to the cancellation policy. Refund of security deposit will take approximately fourteen days from the reservation date, if there were no problems with the reservation.
Facility deposits will be utilized to secure the facility and will be used for any necessary cleaning/damage incurred from the event.
The applicant shall be responsible for the condition of the facility used. In cases where property has been damaged or abused, the cost of repair or replacement will be charged to the applicant by withholding facility deposit fees. Any additional charges over the deposits must be paid within fourteen days once notified of such changes. Failure to do so may result in suspended usage and steps taken to collect fees. Any usage beyond the agreement will be deducted from deposits.
Applicants shall be charged for use of facilities, according to the established fee chart in effect at the time of approval (see attached chart). Rental fee balances will be due within fourteen days of approval or applicant may forfeit use of the facility use. Checks should be made payable to the Coptic Youth Center. All applicants renting within fourteen calendar days of events may be required to pay full fees and deposits at time of booking with cash, money order, or check.
In addition to the base rate for the use of facilities, additional fees shall be assessed as follows:
• Additional facility attendants
• Additional Equipment / Setup
In the event that a reservation is to be cancelled by the applicant, the CYC management must be notified fourteen days prior to the reservations.
• A $100 fee will be charged on all cancellations within fourteen days of the event.
• A $50 fee will be charged on all cancellations after receiving the deposit and twenty-one days or more before the event.
• The applicant must appear within thirty minutes of the time specified or reservation.
• All no-show reservations will be charged the full rental amount plus staff costs. Deposits will be refunded once all fees are covered.
Per the CYC rules and regulation, the possession and/or use of alcohol within any the building or parking lot adjacent thereto, is prohibited.
Insurance is required for all reservations. Such insurance shall be in the amount of not less than one million dollars ($1,000,000.00) for bodily injury, personal injury and property damage, or any other amount that staff deems appropriate for the use requested.
The CYC management must receive the insurance certificate and endorsement ten days prior to the rental. Additional insurance may be requested as deemed appropriate.
Insurance certificates can be purchased through the CYC management at a cost based on type of event, attendance, etc. The insurance certificate will be issued by the CYC’s insurance provider. Once insurance certificates are purchased they become nonrefundable.
• The use of candles and open flames are strictly prohibited. Applicant may be liable for Fire department charges for false alarms.
• Decorations may not be placed on walls, glass, windows, or doors, unless approved by the CYC representative.
• Decorations cannot be hung or suspended from ceilings, drapes, or other city structure, unless approved by the CYC representative.
• Staples or tape may NOT be used on any surfaces, walls, glass, windows, or doors.
• All decorations must be removed prior to leaving. The CYC management will not be responsible for decorations or equipment left behind.
KITCHEN USE CONDITIONS
• The CYC kitchen can not be used for cooking, only heating and serving is permitted.
• Kitchen shall not be opened for any group unless specific written approval is granted and the kitchen rental fees are paid.
• The CYC representative must have access to the kitchen when it is used.
• Groups requesting use of the kitchen for serving of a catered meal must secure their own caterer.
• The applicant shall be responsible for any damage to kitchen and dining equipment caused by caterers or other persons.
• Applicants using the kitchen shall furnish dishes, silverware, cooking utensils, all paper products, towel,
• It shall be the applicant’s responsibility to leave the kitchen entirely clean.
The CYC staff shall have full access to all activities in order to ensure that all rules, regulations, and city and state laws are being observed. Some factors that may warrant extra staff are as follows:
• Events needing technical assistance
• Events where excessive cleanup will be required
DAY OF EVENT
Doors will open at the stated time. Only the “stated time” on the application will be granted for decorating/activity/and clean up.
“Ending time” is when the facility must be vacated for the purposes of clean up. Additional hours may not be purchased on the day of the reservation.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
Please refer to the CYC Rules and Regulations document available in the CYC or online at www.copticyouthcenter.org
ALL ACTIVITY SHALL CEASE AT 12:00 A.M. ON SATURDAYS AND 10:00 PM ON ANY OTHER DAYS. Applicant shall not falsify any information on the application for facility use. The penalty for false information shall be forfeiture of room rental fees and security deposits.
Applicant shall not practice or tolerate any discrimination because of race, color or creed in the use of the CYC.
• Staff will conduct a “walk through” with applicant prior to and after reservation time to review the condition of the facility.
• The staff person will open the facility at the start of your reservation time. Feel free to call on the staff person assigned to your reservation for assistance or questions. Applicant shall indemnify, hold harmless and defend CYC and its employees, officers, and agents against any and all liability for property damage, personal injury including death, or any other damages arising from negligence or misconduct by user or attendees at user’s events.
Signature if this Rental Agreement form and Facility Reservation Rules and Regulations document constitutes acceptance of the terms and conditions set forth and abiding to facility rules and regulations. I, the undersigned applicant, agree to abide and enforce the rules, regulations, and policies governing this facility, as set forth by the CYC management. I understand that by signing this document, I accept all responsibility for any damages to premises, furniture, equipment, or ground resulting from use of the facility. I further agree that any violation of the facility rules and regulations can result in immediate cancellation of the reservation and forfeiture of all fees and deposits.